SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lulupe_gw

Weight Fluctuation Questions

lulupe
16 years ago

Hi,

I'm 23 and I lead a pretty sedentary life (mostly on the computer, barely walk at all). I've been overweight for 13 years and it's been hell trying to lose weight mostly because of emotional attachments to food. As an adult, I've lost a few pounds here and there but have never gotten to my goal (135lbs) I'm currently 203lbs and I'm 5'4.

My issue is that recently I've been suffering from irregular sleep (every since I was laid-off) so I sleep all day and am up all night. Because of this I barely eat. When I eat a single, small meal I wake up with a pound or two off (I weigh myself everyday) but if I have, for example, a bagel in the morning, then sleep all day, have a meal at 7pm (and I don't overeat) and am up until 2am, get some sleep, and wake up at 6am, I instantaneously gained 2.5 pounds!!!!!!! This happens all the time. I've been swinging between 209-201 pounds for the past 3 weeks and it's getting ridiculous. Any advice as to why my body is behaving this way? I know this is extremely unhealthy and it needs to stop but I'm scared to eat more than one meal because of weight gain. My brother is a huge fitness enthusiast and he suggested 6 small meals. I tried that for a week, lost 6 pounds, then plateaud and on a day I had 7 meals instead of 6 I gained back 3 pounds! What is going on????

Comments (4)

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen