Has anyone tried the mini-steppers?

joannbm

I need to do more cardio work to get some of this fat off of me. I hate treadmills, and cannot be outside because of asthma and allergies, so I may purchase a mini-stepper.

Could it give me in 20-30 minutes, a good cardio workout??

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jenn

You betcha! But you may have to start slowly because it raises the heart rate faster than a brisk walk, at least for me. When I first started I could only do a few minutes because my heart rate went high. After several months at Curves, I could go 20-30 minutes, easily. (I'm not very overweight and I'm fairly active.) I think it's fun too.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gandbb

I haven't tried a min-stepper. I recently purchased a recumbant stationary bicycle that I like very much. Watching my heart rate seems to be the most critical number. I'm not in very good shape, so it is easy for me to go over if I don't watch it closely.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bedrooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Guest Room Touches Anyone Can Do
Make overnight guests feel comfy and cozy with small, inexpensive niceties
Full Story
Laundry Rooms The Cure for Houzz Envy: Laundry Room Touches Anyone Can Do
Make fluffing and folding more enjoyable by borrowing these ideas from beautifully designed laundry rooms
Full Story
Community Community Building Just About Anyone Can Do
Strengthen neighborhoods and pride of place by setting up more public spaces — even small, temporary ones can make a big difference
Full Story