Looking for Ab exercises other than crunches!

cara1981

I HATE ab exercises that have you lying on the floor, especially crunches! I am looking to find people who have had success doing other types, preferably standing up or something. Any ideas how to work those core muscles that way??

Thanks!

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

I do mine on my exercise ball. I lie over the ball with my hands on the floor and then roll forward until my knees are on top of the ball and hold them there for a count of 10. I do several reps. It doesn't hurt my neck at all, but seems to give my abs a good workout.

Save    
cara1981

Thank you for the suggestion, devorah! I will check that out : )

Save    
ljtseng

Boxing and jump rope are awesome workouts for your abs while targeting tons of other muscle groups.

Save    

Related Stories

Exteriors Gravel Driveways: Crunching the Pros and Cons
If you want to play rough with your driveway, put away the pavers and choose the rocky road
Full Story
Home Gyms Houzz Call: Show Us Your Home Gym or Exercise Space
Whether you have a fully devoted room with all the dumbbells and whistles or a bedroom corner, we want to see how fitness fits in your house
Full Story
Landscape Design Look Beyond Plants for a Wonderful Winter Garden
Use sculptures, fences and other structures to draw the eye to a bare-bones landscape
Full Story
Industrial Style Industrial-Style Basement for Family Games, Movies and Exercise
This historic home's basement gets a full makeover to become a family hangout space with a vintage vibe
Full Story
Kitchen Design Get the Look of Wood Cabinets for Less
No need to snub plastic laminate as wood’s inferior cousin. Today’s options are stylish and durable — not to mention money saving
Full Story
Patios How to Pick the Right Floor for Your Garden Room
Crunch the facts on gravel, flagstone, brick, tile and more with our mini guide to outdoor flooring surfaces
Full Story
Gardening Guides 6 Driveway Looks Take Landscapes Along for the Ride
See how to design a front yard that makes your driveway its own destination
Full Story
Gardening Guides 6 Reasons I’m Not Looking Forward to Spring
Not kicking up your heels anticipating rushes of spring color and garden catalogs? You’re not alone
Full Story
Collections 10 Look-at-Me Ways to Show Off Your Collectibles
Give your prized objects center stage with a dramatic whole-wall display or a creative shelf arrangement
Full Story
Old-style customer service is our top priority. We’ve been in business since 1994 – over 2 decades serving... Read More