Yoga vs weight training

dawna

Hi all! I am taking cardio and sculpting classes at the gym here but I also want to balance out my exercise plan with some yoga classes. I did sculpting tonight and the yoga class is tomorrow night. Is there anything wrong with backing those up that close?

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
devorah

mmmmmmm don't know what a sculpting class is, but you should only do heavy duty stretching every other day.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
postum

It depends on your yoga teacher. If the teacher is classically trained, you should not be straining yourself in anyway. I think you will find it a great addition to the cardio and sculpting (I'm thinking that is weight training?)

Yoga is the only exercise that works the internal organs, as well as the muscles. It calms the body and the mind.

There is a lot of "junk" yoga being taught right now. Do a little research and find a really good class - I highly recommend teachers from Integral yoga and Sivananda.
Om shanti.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular 7 Ways to Design Your Kitchen to Help You Lose Weight
In his new book, Slim by Design, eating-behavior expert Brian Wansink shows us how to get our kitchens working better
Full Story
More Rooms You Don’t Need a Workout Room, Just a Well-Trained Home
See how just the way you set up your TV, workstation or kitchen can help you stay fit this year
Full Story
Readers' Choice: The 10 Most Popular Home Gyms of 2012
Houzzers happily went to court last year, as rooms for basketball — and for weight lifting, yoga and swimming — piqued their interest
Full Story