Anybody doing hot yoga?

devorah

I have been doing hot yoga (room temp. is 105-110) for 30 days now. I am the only old, fat lady in the class. I will never be very good but I am strangely drawn to go back because it is such a challenge. I have multiple medical problems including diabetes and chronic kidney disease. I have to wear a heart monitor. I am hoping that my legs will get stronger and that sweating is taking some of the load off my kidneys. I was already exercising about 2 hours a day at the senior citizen center where they think I am a mere "youngster". I lift weights, do the treadmill faithfully, spend 30 minutes on an elliptical, do lots of ankle exercises - but it didn't prepare me for yoga. The interesting thing is that you are told to do everything with a locked out knee. My left knee is bad and I was afraid of hurting it, but instead it has gotten better.

SaveComment1Like
Comments (1)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deannabsd

The yoga that we have in my town is not hot yoga; although one instructor gets us pretty warm as her class is 90 minutes. Sounds like you are one busy "young"women. Deanna

Save    

Related Stories

Most Popular Can-Do Cleaning Strategies for Busy People
While you dream of having a maid (to go with the cook and chauffer), this simplified cleaning routine can keep your real-world home tidy
Full Story
Kitchen Storage Displaying Kitchen Supplies — Hot or Not?
Do some kitchens just beg for a cozy row of canisters and gear for all to see? Have a look and let us know what you think
Full Story
Garages Houzz Call: How Do You Put Your Garage to Work for Your Home?
Cars, storage, crafts, relaxing ... all of the above? Upload a photo of your garage and tell us how it performs as a workhorse
Full Story
Texas Gardening Texas Gardener: What to Do in June
Don't be discouraged by the dry summer heat — hardy plants, container gardens and smart watering can help landscapes thrive
Full Story
Life 10 Feel-Better Things to Do on a Sick Day at Home
Nourish, pamper and heal yourself when a cold keeps you housebound, with these restorative ideas
Full Story
Most Popular Why Men Really Do Need a Cave
Don't dismiss cars, bars and the kegerator — a man space of some kind is important for emotional well-being at home
Full Story
Life What Would You Do With an Extra Room?
Be a rock star, a crafting star, a movie mogul. But whatever you'd choose for your spare room, don't let reality stop you
Full Story
Life Houzz Call: Do You Live in Your Childhood House?
Tell us about the home you grew up in — whether you live there now or not — and share your pictures!
Full Story
Whether it’s our bi-folding doors, multi-slide doors, window walls or our casement windows, our company has been... Read More
As the president of University Group I have over 27 years of experience in the building business. Our company... Read More