Landice Treadmill and Tuff Stuff Total Gym-Anyone have either?

cookingrvc

We are looking into purchasing a Landice treadmill and a Tuff Stuff total gym (CFM555) and I was wondering if anyone had either of these and what your experience has been, in terms of reliability and ease of use (for the gym).

I absolutely hate going to the gym, am just too self-consious, and would more enjoy exercising in my own home.

DH needs a quality treadmill for running during the winter months, when it is too dark/cold outside.mI will do both walking and running so we need something with a solid warranty, which Landice offers.

As for the home gym, it is similar to the equipment I have used at the gym, and seems fairly easy to go from one exercise to the other with minimal adjustments.

We have the space in a separate room that will be totally dedicated to exercise, so I don't have to worry about portability.

Anyone have any experience with either of these?

Sue

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cacocobird

Sounds like a good plan to me. I would suggest, since you have the room, that you add a TV/DVD player. Even though I have machines, and I like them, for variety I enjoy exercise videos. Along with aerobics, I do yoga, and I've just ordered a tai chi DVD.

Save    
Sunshine

Sounds like you picked a great treadmill. Now I hope someone can answer in regards to Total Gym. I like my platinum edition but I wish I could have purchased the pilates edition. I change exercises with little effort. The gym folds flat but don't think you are going to put it under most beds for storage. Too thick/tall/bulky. Since you have an extra room as I do-then storage doesn't really matter. If you find any DVD's you like or a web site link to Total Gym DVD's (other than the corporate ones) please share.
Sunshine

Save    
piper101

Look up "total trainer",,,I wanted the Total Gym really bad with pilates,,price was like $1500 for real one versus QVC version, so after a lot of research I found them,,they are out of Lousiana somewhere,,my owner's manual says www.total-trainer.com,,from Bayou fitness 800/230-1256,,,anyway they have many different quality levels and configurations and I'm not kidding when I say I got great quality,,since I went with the highest price pilates one they make that is combo of total gym with the pilates accoutraments so I can do both for $500 including shipping. Everything was included and didn't nickle/dime you on other accessories...really glad I got it,,had video etc. and I read reviews of it,,mine has the glides that are chrome so it's quiet,,take a look at website.. glad I found this forum since I'm usually on decorating forum!!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Most Popular How to Add a Backyard Shed for Storage or Living
Need a home office, a playspace or extra room for your stuff? Learn about off-the-shelf, prefab and custom sheds
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Regain Calm With a New Weekly Routine
Having a day-by-day housekeeping schedule makes the chores a lot more manageable
Full Story
Life Simple Pleasures: Put On Your Slippers
Preserve the peace and protect your floors and carpets by turning your home into a no-shoes zone
Full Story