SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help needed ASAP - 50 to 60 @ 1pm "potluck"

2ajsmama
11 years ago

My dad's cousin is throwing a 100th birthday party for her dad - has rented a hall but is asking people to bring potluck. I think it's better to ask people to bring specific things rather than whatever they want. That way we could just ask for 3 large pans of sausage and peppers, 4 of meatballs, 5 of baked pasta/sauce/cheese, 3 green salads, etc. without overwhelming any one person or having an overcrowded buffet table trying to put all sorts of things out at once (just keep things in fridge/oven until needed).

She's already got 1 granddaughter bringing mac and cheese and sausage and peppers, someone else bringing baked beans, but I don't know how much.

What would be a good menu for 1pm party, a lot of big eaters in the family, we do have full kitchen but I'm not sure we have a lot of chafing dishes (I can buy disposable ones with sterno)? How much of each thing? Appetizers? I want to buy about 200 rolls so people can fill up on bread...

There is a cash bar, but also need some suggestions for drinks - I have a coffee urn if the hall only has a small drip maker, but we need soft drinks and again I don't know how much.

Party is less than 1 month away!

TIA

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio
More Discussions