SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teapot100_gw

Want to throw our own birthday party

teapot100
15 years ago

My husband and I both turned 40 in early March of last year (our birthdays are a day apart) and we went on a weekend trip with our daughters to celebrate. This year I think I'd like to throw a party instead, something along the lines of, "Oh my God, We're Turning 41".

The thing is, we're not very social people. We're actually homebodies, shy and retiring, but I do have quite a few friends and acquaintances. We just don't party a lot (rarely, is more like it).

So, I need help on ideas of how to throw ourselves a birthday party at home and what to do, what to feed our guests. I need some fun ideas that don't cost a lot of money. I'm really looking at it as more of an excuse to have a party with all of our friends from different social circles (not that we're all that social, lol), but I need help figuring out how to plan it so that there's something for everyone so no one is bored out of their gourd.

We're not looking at a small intimate affair, but also not a raucous rowdy time either because our home is small.

Comments (6)

Sponsored