SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pjknphx

Help! Unidentifiable Smell

pjknphx
21 years ago

We moved into our 20 year old (remodeled) house 7 months ago. About 3 weeks ago, I noticed an odd smell in my kitchen. The smell comes and goes. The smell is only detectable in 2 spots in the kitchen. One is if you stand right in front of the wine fridge, which is right next to the trash. (If you stand in front of the wine fridge, but turn all other directions, can't smell it!) For the longest time I thought it was the trash not being taken out frequently enough (smells more like trash than a dead animal). But that's not it! I began taking the trash out more than regularly, but that didn't help. Anyway, I can't smell the odor in the trash, even if I stick my nose in the trash! And, I stuck my nose under and in the wine fridge and can't smell it there either. The other spot in the kitchen is to the left of the wine fridge. Then, I noticed the smell in my daughter's bedroom and attached bathroom, which is about 50 feet from the kitchen. I had the airducts cleaned. Still smell it. Had the airducts recleaned. Still smell it. Air duct guy said the kitchen and my daughter's room are on 2 different duct systems. We stuck our nose in the air duct. Can't smell it. Very frustrating! Any suggestions on how I trace this thing down? It's driving me nuts!

Comments (8)