SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

This angers me...DUI's and Public Intoxication

Oakley
13 years ago

I need to stop reading TMZ, but dang there's a lot of Hollywood gossip going on!

Remember Christina A. (can't spell her name) who totally ruined The Star Spangled Banner? She was arrested last night for public intoxication. Apparently she's been going downhill for a long time which explains the flub with the song.

Anyway..her boyfriend was driving drunk, he got a DUI. Christina was a passenger & very drunk. She got arrested for public intoxication.

I'm not defending her but here's my beef. EVERY holiday season, from Christmas to the 4th of July, our TV's are loaded with commercials telling us to have a designated driver or to call one of the cab companies who picks people up for free so they won't get arrested or kill themselves and others.

But NEVER do we hear in those commercials, "But remember, you can go to jail if you're drunk and have a designated driver!" If it's perfectly okay to call a cab which police condone, then shouldn't the cab drivers be reporting all those "tipsy" people they take home?

Now I don't drink, maybe a glass of wine once a year..but this just angers me.

Those commercials are telling the public it's OKAY to get drunk as long as the public has a designated driver.

I understand arresting someone if they're drunk in a grocery store or something. To me, that's PUBLIC intoxication!

I'd sue. lol. Thoughts?

Comments (19)