SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mar_cia

fruit flies/gnats

mar_cia
21 years ago

Help !!! I don't want to use a house fogger but I think it might be coming to that. Does anyone know how to get rid of these? I think they might be coming in around the door from outside because last night a neighbor and I talked inside my front door -- storm door closed but spaces around it -- and I kept seeing more and more fly around us and then when she left they were everywhere again....as fast as we kill them there are more. I only have one real plant and they don't seem to be there. I have no fruit or food sitting out. They seem to congregate in the kitchen and bathrooms though. I guess moisture. Before I go to bed though I run the disposal and close the sink drains...and dry out the sinks. When I got up this morning my husband had left his juice glass and cereal bowl on the counter and they were covered !!!! Is there any concoction that you can put in a bowl and they will drown themselves? I tried vaseline at the top of the windows wehre they congregate, too, ....I watched ...they land and take off. The fly paper works but they try to avoid it. My hands are getting sore from smacking the buggers. My sanity is at stake here. HELP !!!!

Comments (20)