SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krissie55

New neighbor cut my vines on fence too short....

krissie55
9 years ago

Help........New neighbors gave my Caroline Jasmine vines on the back fence a short haircut almost to top of fence on their side causing a lot of the vines to fall partially off and some to die.

The fence and concrete footing was built with our hands with no financial help from previous owners of the house. Unfortunately we built the fence on the property line which allows the neighbor rights to what is on their side.

Usually neighbors would be considerate of others plants and not damage them. Trimming neatly would be no problem, but they have been cut near the tip top of fence leaving little or no support for plants on our side.

The vines are not massive and unruly since they are in heavy shade for 45 years or longer. They neatly cascade over the fence and have beautiful yellow flowers in the spring.

The new neighbors are sun lovers apparently. I saw the lady snipping any leaves that extended a few inches over top of fence on the other side of their yard. They stripped their yard of large oak trees and then put up a white tent like shade to sit under. They move the tent to various locations all the time.The tent reflects bright blinding light when we look out into our yard. Did I complain? No.

Any suggestions?

We have not met the new neighbors, not sure I want to now after seeing how disrespectful they are of others.

Krissie

Comments (6)