SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcrowley99_gw

Help with Roast Chicken!

jcrowley99
16 years ago

Does anyone else have this problem? I made roast chicken tonight for dinner and it came out beautifully. I used my fancy new digital probe which said it was fully cooked (180), I also checked it with my trusty instant read thermometer after taking it from the oven, It registered between 180 and 187 depending where I stuck it. Yet when I carved the bird, the joints were still really red. We generally eat breast meat so I did not worry about it and we ate. I don't think it will hurt anything since everywhere but the joint (which registered 180) was over 180. I just want to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if you have solved the problem. I already decided that I'm not trussing the bird next time and that might help.

Just in case anyone is curious, the chicken was wonderful, very juicy and the skin was perfectly golden brown and crisp. I served it with sage and onion bread stuffing made with whole wheat bread, green beans, butternut squash baked with honey-butter sauce, cranberry sauce and gravy. Tomorrow the leftovers will become potpie because they ate almost all the stuffing and squash.

Joanne

Comments (14)