SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Chiropractic anyone?!

Faron79
13 years ago

I used to be somewhat skeptical about the benefits/practice...BUT NO MORE!

For many years now, my left shoulder has had a "weak" spot when I raise my arm. Slowly getting worse over the years...upward movement was somewhat difficult. My left Trap and neck had been gettin' slowly worse too.

In February, a local Chiro-firm had a "Free massage/evaluation check-up" day, so I thought, "what the hey..."! Some of our long-term employees/mgr's had set this up.

Sooooo....during "My" 15 minutes, an attractive young Gal brought me over to her chair. When she dug into my trap, her voice changed so quickly and sounded startled! "Jeez you're tight in there"! she said. She was right...

Then she switched to the small front & back rotator-cuff muscles. O-M-G...what a B*tch THAT was! I didn't know a massage could hurt like that! I was wincing most of the time!

Well, when she was done "working me over", I could actually move my arm/shoulder better, and my trap didn't feel so damn tight! I was convinced right there that I needed to pursue this further.

Turns out, it's a fairly common ailment called "Frozen shoulder". They have to work through scar-tissue/adhesive-tissue that builds-up in ailing muscles; and prevents/hinders normal movement. My left trap was more developed than my right side, because it was helping the left shoulder compensate for the ailing rotator-cuff muscles.

After getting these little muscles worked on, they actually feel softer, and not so damn ropey!

* They were also working my upper glutes. That was no treat at first either!

* It's funny how one weak area can affect a larger one!

* My shoulders' range-of-motion is a lot greater, and turning my head driving is totally freed up!!

* They've also had me doing excercises after the muscle-work, to strengthen the area around the affected muscles.

I'm not a skeptic anymore, that's for damn sure!! I've learned a lot.

>>> Anyone else gone thru stuff like this?

Faron

Comments (16)