SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tonycuchia

dead rat smell in house

tonycuchia
21 years ago

we had an awful smell in our house and figured it was mold from a leaky water pipe that broke.(which happened a month before) The odor was getting worse and worse. we couldn't find any leaks but the stench was filling up our hallway so we couldn't find the source of the smell until it got so rancid and unbearable. we figured that it was some place in our front bathroom. inside our bathroom towel closet seem to be the strongest stench. we had our house termite treated years before and had the pest control operator install inspection ports in the wall. I opened that port up and shined the flashlight inside. I can't describe the strong stench in my face even with a handkerchief over my nose and mouth. but there he was, a toasted rat that died from my rat poison I set in the attic. he had at least a 5" tail. I got him out and disposed of him, but the stench was still there. I got a can of big d odor control fogger and set it in the return A/C duct behind my central air condition filter with the A/C unit off. We left the house for an hour or so to run errands. When we came back and opened the door I was greeted with the pleasant smell of big d. the rat smell was gone and we got our lives back to normal.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH