SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfisenhour

No place to put TV in great room!! Need help!!!

dfisenhour
21 years ago

I have a dilemma I am trying to figure out. We are building a home, and the problem is that the great room doesnÂt really have a place for a larger TV that we wanted. It is a kitchen/great-room combination with a fireplace. There is a small area beside the fireplace (in the corner) for a smaller TV. The only other place for a TV would be in the walkway to our master bedroom. There is a bay window in the breakfast area, separating the kitchen & great-room.

We are considering using the dining room as our great room because IÂm not sure if we will actually use the dining room that much. If we go that route, then we could put a big table in front of the bay window in the kitchen (which would actually crowd the bar area). But then what would we use the great-room for? IÂm having a hard time figuring this out, because IÂve also always dreamed of having a formal dining room. UGGG!!! I wish we would have placed our furniture in our Âheads first before deciding on a house plan. But then again, itÂs hard to imagine how much room you have when looking at plans. Add this to my first disaster in building a house!

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Can you tell me if you really use your dining room that much? Should I go the route where the rooms will get used the most, or go with the luxury of having a dining room (even though it may not get used much)? Thanks!!

Comments (14)