SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Got snow? Whatcha cookin' this weekend?

teresa_nc7
14 years ago

It started coming down a little while ago here in the Piedmont (middle) section of North Carolina. The Ashville area in the mountains already has a very heavy cover. To the north of me, the south western mountains of Virgina may get as much as 1 foot. I know, I know that doesn't sound like so much to some of you, but it is pretty major for the South.

I so far have avoided the grocery stores, telling myself that I had enough in the pantry, fridge, and freezer to make it through the weekend. So I'm delving deep inside myself to bring out my frugal "Ma Ingalls on the prairie" survival spirit and avoid shopping at all if possible.

Right now I have on a big pot of barbecue baked beans I just had to make after seeing Ed Mitchell of The Pit in Raleigh and his throwdown with Bobby Flay. I have some chicken in the freezer to make chicken and dumplings, and stock to make some egg drop soup, plus a few salad fixings, plenty of tangelos, and enough dog food for the pooch.

I can make bread and try some new quick bread recipes with 2 bags of frozen cranberries in the freezer.

So, what will you be cookin' during the snow storm this weekend?

Teresa

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County