SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosarugosa1

Bad IPL Photofacial! Need advice!

Rosarugosa1
10 years ago

Well, thinking I needed to do some sprucing up I decided to try something new at a local Medspa run by an MD. I was bothered by lots of brown spots on my face, the legacy of many years without sunscreen. The doctor said an IPL Photofacial would remove them and was risk-free, etc. I did some online research and saw some people had problems but many were very happy with the results and I thought because this was a reputable facility with an MD supervising it would be okay.

I am terrified now and think I have totally ruined my face. It has been one week and I have laxity in my skin! I have lines and creases that were not there prior to IPL! When I smile skin bunches up like gathered fabric around my mouth and on my cheeks! There are vertical lines around my mouth and up to my eyes. Even my husband says he can see them.

It started about day 2 after the IPL. I went to see the Doctor again. She looked at me briefly. She said I was going to have a great result. She said I had dry skin. She didn't say anything about the lines. I am panicking now. I am cleansing very very gently and applying bio-oil and anything else I can think of that is highly moisturizing non stop.

The doctor said to come in in 3 weeks and have microdermabrasion to clean everything up but I am very wary and don't trust her at this point. I do not use Retin A. Will that help with the lines?

What would you do and if you had IPL were you pleased with the results? Right now I really wish I had not done it.

Comments (28)