SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnlaw

Need help with blending different interior woods

mtnlaw
15 years ago

I wonder if anyone can give me some input on blending different interior wood species/stains. We are building on our property in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. I have no clue what to call our "style" of house  but we are using Douglas fir for a partial timber frame of post and beam with a T&G ceiling and wood floors. So, weÂll have at least five different kinds of wood in the main living area: pine window trim, pine baseboards and doors, the wood floor (probably maple), the timbers, the cabinets (maple or hickory) and the ceiling (either pine or spruce).

We like the natural white pine in the windows that Marvin uses, but I question if we just poly it and keep it light like that, I donÂt think that would look right with the floor, which we want to do in a cinnamon-type color to blend with the Doug fir which has some reddish tone. And we also want to stain the doors a darker tint than natural white pine. Plus we have the ceiling. Plus the cabinets. Confusion reigns here!

Attached are a few pictures which admittedly donÂt show much since we are just finishing the framing stage. If anyone out there has faced this issue I would appreciate any input, with pictures if you can. Thanks.

Comments (8)