SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

I honestly believe I was cursed

neetsiepie
14 years ago

There is a curse that goes something like 'may you live an interesting life'. That must be so true for me.

Today, a GORGEOUS warm, sunny day. I took my truck to the car wash to get it detailed and enjoyed a nice chat with some folks there. I'm on my way home and I come up to an intersection. I'm the 3rd vehicle back and I hear a loud bang and next thing I realize, I see someone lying in the street.

I see people getting out of their cars, so I pull into a driveway, turn off my truck, grab my handbag and run to the scene. I see a woman talking on a cell phone and I ask her if she's calling 9-1-1. She is, and there is a man on a phone also. I run to the guy lying in the street, he's a motorcyclist and I immediately am terrified. He's moving his head and moaning so I ran to him and started talking to him, trying to get him to stop moving. I see that he's obviously got a badly broken leg (his lower leg was pointing toward his crotch) He tried to take off his helmet and was freaking out. I couldn't stop him from removing his helmet, so I cradled his head in my hands and finally someone brought me my purse to put under his head. I took off his broken glasses and asked him questions about how he was feeling. FORTUNATELY another passerby was an EMT, so he did all the other checking (pulse, checking for bleeding, etc.) I just comforted him and spoke with him trying to calm him. I asked him if we could call someone, because he was quite scared and I got someone to call his wife...and made sure they assured HER too that he was ok. I kept stroking his cheek and shielding his eyes from the sun and talking to him calmly and assuring him that EMS was on the way. A few minutes later they showed up and took over, but my purse was still under his head!

I stepped back and tried to get lookieloos out of the way. Finally they got him on a back board and gave me my purse and I was able to go home. When I got home I started shaking like a leaf and my heart was pounding so hard I thought I'd throw up. At least I know the poor man was not in imminent danger of dying...that would have been too much for me. Like I said, I think I was cursed...I live a VERY interesting life.

Comments (11)