SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweet_home_gw

Odd smell when entering the house

sweet_home
14 years ago

I smell something whenever I enter the house but only if it is later in the evening(say 8 or 9 pm). That smell is not present during the usual time I get home after work(around 5:30 pm). The unfortunate(and very frustrating) part is that my husband and kids don't smell anything and I am very sensitive to any odor. The smell seems to be somewhat closer to the wooden smell we used to have in our unfinished garage in our previous home but I am not able to say that for sure. Whenever we leave the house, we try to aerate it by opening a couple of windows at different ends of the house and did the same yesterday. When we came back at 8:30 pm, the smell was so strong in the entry way and kitchen. If the kitchen was remodeled 5 months back, is it still possible to get construction/cabinet related odor? Once I am inside the house for some period of time, I don't smell anything. Is there something I can do to investigate this further? I know it is hard for folks to give any suggestions if I cannot even describe the odor properly but I am desperate :(

Comments (10)