SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frenchie1111

mold inside walls and can't get help!

frenchie1111
10 years ago

Hello and thanks in advance for reading. I�ve found your website to be useful and informative.

I live in France where most professionals (and my landlord) still believe that mold inside your home is never an issue. Thus, I am forced to remediate the problem on my own. However, I am stuck now:

There was a plumbing leak and floors were flooded in my apartment. I cleaned up all visible mold on my own � now my landlord has put in new floors and new paint on walls. But, there is still one wall that smells really strongly of mold/musty. I�ve pulled back some of the wallpaper and no mold is visible. I suspect the mold is inside the drywall.

My question is: is there anyway to solve this problem without having to replace the drywall completely? I am doing this without any help, I am a renter, and everything costs more in France than in the U.S.

Would anti-fungal paint on the surface be okay? Or an air purifier? Or �..? I don�t know what else to do without involving myself in a very expensive fix.

Also, if it�s contained, are mold spores still cirulating throughout the apartment?

Thank you!

Comments (9)