SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Three strikes....and she wins!

teresa_nc7
11 years ago

Today I felt like my mom and I were kamikaze pilots swooping in to strike while shopping in Chapel Hill. Picture this CF fanatics.....A Southern Season and Whole Foods and Trader Joe's all off the same main street within blocks of each other! Yeah! Really!

This was my first (virgin) trip to Trader Joe's and I was suitably impressed. I had the idea that it was "posh" and expensive (like Whole Paycheck). But I was pleased to see all the good deals they had. The place was packed, but I managed to snag .69 each huge red peppers, basmatic rice, a large butternut squash for 1.99 each, not per pound, some TJ's tomato paste and I forget what else.

I got a quart of the 360 EVOO at Whole Foods cheaper than at the grocery store, pasta on sale, Maile Dijon mustard, grape tomatoes on sale, dried split peas, a loaf of grain bread, peanut butter on sale, and other stuff.

A Southern Season is a mecca for all cooks and foodies in our state. Those who came to Pane Camp to learn to make bread will remember this place. I stocked up on teas and got a new cheese knife and silicon spreader. The displays of cooks' tools, gorgeous colorful dishes, towering wall of jelly bellies, food to go/bakery/deli area, and quality everywhere you look is a little overwhelming, but I had only a few things on my list to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I'll be searching the former posts about what to get at TJ's in the next week or so - because I will definitely be going back to TJ's! I even got a special greeting and round of applause as a first time shopper!

Teresa

Comments (11)