SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

Iif you like the rusty metal stars...Paper 3D Star

sweets98
18 years ago

You know the rusty metal stars that are popular and so many people have hanging on their homes inside and out? There is a way to make them using cardboard or posterboard, then folding and painting to make them look similar. You can make all sizes and colors and it's a lot cheaper than buying them...well, as long as you plan on keeping them indoors! LOL

On another site I go to this craft was shared last week. Many people have been busy and I know I've made a dozen or so just for here at our house!

To make them look rusty, the best way I guess is to do a basecoat of like black or red or brown, coat with spray adhesive and then sprinkle with cinnamon. I haven't tried it that way yet becuase I don't have enough cinnamon. I have just been painting mine with brown paint and they look good to me.

I did a couple burgundy and black ones, too and I'm thinking about cream for the tree in our room because it's red, white and blue.

Go to the link, click on Paper Star. There is a pattern for you to print off. I usually copy and paste to WordPerfect and make the star the size I want. I think the star template prints off as a 4" star...if you want them to look right you have to do even numbers. Then trace onto posterboard, cardstock or even use old cereal boxes, gift boxes or whatever you have around (I'm getting all excited over empty boxes these days! LOL) and cut out. Fold each point from side to side only down to the middle point of the star. Paint, let dry, add a hanger or use that blue gum type stuff to hang on the wall.

Have fun!

Leslie

Here is a link that might be useful: Paper Star

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County