SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Desperate help needed for memorial stones

toomuchglass
14 years ago

H-E-L-P !!!!!

I'm working on a very special project . Before you read my cries for help - let me explain the project. My FIL recently died , and I got his ashes - now I have both MIL & FIL's. One day , I stumbled upon this pan at the Goodwill.

{{gwi:1486408}}

The idea struck me right away -- make small heart shaped stones for the family with alittle bit of both of their ashes in them. I filled the mold half way - sprinkled alittle bit of both ashes in it - then filled it to the top. It came out great. Here's how they looked while setting . (I tinted some blue....)

{{gwi:1486409}}

The final stones came out great - I was hoping the tops would be smooth -- but they had small bumps and ridges that I wanted to camoflauge. I researched decoupaging different colored tissue paper on the stones . Sounded easy. I loved the idea of just having pastel pieces all over it - but once I started doing it -- the tissue paper just kept balling up from the wetness , pulling off and it looked horrible. I'm at my wit's end ... mad at myself for not being able to do it. I thought tissue would form itself around the edges ... that's why I thought it would be nice. I just can't do it. Am I doing something wrong ? I'm using Weldbond glue - really watered down . I don't know what else to try .... Can you think of some way to finish these stones ? Here's a pic of the bare stone -- with a cut out picture of my Inlaws to place in the center . Once it's done and the the pic is glued in the center - I wanted to decorate with pearls and ceramic roses. I REALLY need help with suggestions ..........

{{gwi:138430}}

I can't thank you enough !!!!!!!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus