SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chefnewbie

I've been finding a plastic white residue in my He3T washer

chefnewbie
15 years ago

And now, after speaking with numerous appliance repairers, I have been told that the drum is "busted" and the white stuff is the plastic exterior drum (which encases the stainless one) shredding!

I am sooo upset! I really cannot afford a new washer. We just bought a washer for our "in law" suite and it seems to have shaken loose the bolts that hold the drum in place. Of course, since I've had such a good experience with the He3T, we bought the new ones from Sears. When called for repair today I was told the earliest they could come would be December 31!!! What? I got a manager on the phone who was able to get me in sooner (December 23) after I complained. My point with Sears was that the machine was brand new and under warranty. If they could not send someone to fix it in a timely manner, then I should be able to get someone on my own and bill them for the repair (yeah, right ...)

Anyway, I guess the point of my diatribe is to ask if anyone has had a drum replaced on a front loader that is 5 years old. Was it worth it? I was told by the very nice appliance repair person that the drum should be covered for ten years ... so we'll see what Sears has to say.

Comment (1)