SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kellycares_gw

sealed vs open burners

kellycares
11 years ago

I am building a new house and need all new appliances. I was considering a Capital Maestro 36" sealed burner cooktop and 30" double oven. They seem to have the features I want.
I currently have Dacor sealed burner cooktop with an 18K BTU burner, but it does not seem to get quite hot enough to do a good sear on meats. So, the Capital cooktop has one 20K burner, so I was hoping it might be a good choice.
But then i read about on this forum about how open burners actually get hotter than the sealed burners. I could consider this but am worried about the clean-up. Are they a pain to keep clean?

I also like the features of the Capital Maestro Double wall oven. It has the moist heating feature and the ribbon infrared broiler, along with the convection. It seems like a good alternative to the Wolf oven which also has the moist heat, but costs about $3000 more.

But my big question about these products is do they work as advertised and how is the reliability?

I currently have a GE monogram oven with Speedbake that I use often--looks like they have fazed that feature out, unfortunately. It also had a terrible broil function, though. Any other suggestions for ovens with excellent broiling, moist heat and speed cooking?

Thank you in advance for your advise.

Comments (2)