SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hildebrau

Jenn-Air vs Bosch Induction cooktop

hildebrau
11 years ago

I'm trying to find information on the Jenn-Air JIC4430XS induction cooktop.. I was pretty much sold on the Bosch 800 Series NIT8065UC cooktop; but then one sales guy mentioned the Jenn-Air when I suddenly found out their floor model of the Bosch was suddenly unavailable.

I do like the bridged section.. I'm not sure how the controls work on this Jenn-Air; but it sounds like there is a slider for the temp setting.. I was told by one sales person that a 5 inch pot on the 7 inch hob would be detected without issue.. that is definitely a concern of mine, as I have several 5ish inch pots..

One place mentions that the hardware inside may actually be made by Bosch.. But another place says Whirlpool. I wonder which is actually true. TheInductionSite.com was the one that said it both ways on different pages. Though, the Bosch backing was "rumored"..

Any advice out there? Does anyone have the Jenn-Air JIC4430XS? Even the TheInductionSite.com doesn't list that particular part number.. perhaps it is too new. It looks different than the Jenn Air they do list.

One place is offering it for $1799 minus a $200 mail in install rebate right now.. that doesn't sound too unreasonable.. certainly cheaper than a Bosch 800 Series.

Thanks in advance!

Here is a link that might be useful: Jenn-Air JIC4430XS

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio