SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gromitinwa

Bosch 500 or 800 wall oven?

GromitInWA
11 years ago

I'm considering Bosch, Electrolux and KitchenAid for a single wall oven and microwave (individual components, not combo). I want to go with the same brand for other appliances so if I go Bosch, I'd also do a Bosch dishwasher and fridge. Based on wall oven reliability and experience with their dishwashers, I'm leaning towards Bosch even though I prefer the look of the Electrolux oven and microwave. I'm looking at the Bosch 500 and 800 series single wall ovens and microwaves. Reading reviews about the 800 series wall oven, I've learned that (1) the touch controls require considerable force to respond, (2) there is a required delay between each keypress, (3) each keypress emits a loud beep. Based on this, I'm leaning towards the 500 series oven with the roller rack accessory. I would love to hear of people's thoughts on this.
For the microwave, the 800 series gets better reviews than the 500 series. However, I'm not sure that I'd ever use the convection feature of the 800 series (I have convection in my current GE microwave and have used it perhaps 3 times in 6 years). Also, the 500 series has slightly more interior space. Again, thoughts on this would be appreciated.
I realize that all this is subjective and that the Internet is a vast echo chamber of extremes ("I hate it"/"I love it") but I figured I'd complicate my decision further by soliciting more advice :)

Comments (27)