SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
keitel_gw

What I've learned about Bluestar in 5 years

keitel
11 years ago

If pushed, they will support their product 100%. 5 years past purchase and following my 2nd very frightening arcing spark show in my kitchen, along with a very, very long list of other problems, they replaced my range. While it happened to take them 5 weeks to do so after agreeing to do it - during which time I had no oven - for this action I am truly grateful.

In 5 years, here's what's changed on the range - some things improved, some things the same, and some things actually worse:

1. The burners are still amazing, and are now improved with the individual burner ignition system. What was always best about the BS is now better.

2. Right out of the box the oven is a truly consistent performer. I've always had total faith in the calibration of BS and based on early tests and use, this hasn't changed. I do love that reliability.

3. The range looks a bit better than it used to. The kick plate is more tightly manufactured and squared off in a way that looks slicker. The island trim has also changed and looks better.

4. There are now 2 separate metal inserts that sit on the drip tray which, I think, eliminates the need for tinfoil. These inserts can now be removed and cleaned, and because they're each half the size of the total drip tray they'll fit into the sink.

5. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but the door is even hotter than it used to be. And, generally speaking, the door feels flimsy, and is indeed, now completely hollow. The glass is loose and rattles and the trim on the outside of the glass does not fit snugly. The old doors (all 3 that I went through) felt more solid and well-built.

6. I can't believe I'm going to say this too, but the knobs now get very hot while the oven is in use. This never, ever happened with my old range. This sucks.

7. The convection fan on the new range sounds awful. Buzzing and rattling to the point that it rattles the lids on pots on the stove top. This is sad as I had to have the convection fan on the old range replaced for the very same reason. Sigh.

8. There still seems to be a problem with final quality control at the company. Right out of the box one of the trim circles around one of the burner knobs is totally loose and moves around. I am mystified by the release of products from a factory with such obvious flaws.

Anyway, ultimately a good news story with a dose of reality.

Comments (9)