SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julieh1926_gw

Meeting Appliance Guy This Weekend

julieh1926
14 years ago

I'm relatively new here, but have been following along here and in the Kitchen forum for some time while planning our kitchen remodel. I'm meeting with our appliance guy to try to choose our kitchen appliances this weekend and would love your input on possible selections. When I originally went looking, I went alone. This time my husband will join and we'll both look at the configurations together.

Fridge: We are looking at a 42" built-in and will be considering either the Sub-Zero BI 42s/o or the GE Monogram ZIS42ONX. While I completely appreciate the quality of the sub-zero, and grew up with Sub Zeroes, I'm not sure if it's worth the additional cost. Are there others we should consider for built-in (custom wood paneling) in the 42" range? I'm also not sure about whether to get the water/ice dispenser. We don't have one now, and while I would love one, I like the look of the solid paneling a bit better. Not sure what we'll do about this.

Cooktop: we have to go electric, and are considering either the Wolf CT36E/S or the GE Monogram ZEU36RSFSS or the ZEU36KSKSS.

One question I have about the cooktop is whether to go with a stainless rim or all black, and also whether to flush mount if we go with the all black.

For ovens, I think we'll be going GE (ZET2RMSS) as I've heard horror stories about Kitchen Aids.

For dishwashers, it's wide open. I don't think I want to spend the money on a Miele, and am considering a Bosch or a Kitchen Aid. This decision will be made at the store when we can really look at the rack configurations, etc. Since my husband does most of the dishwasher loading (I cook, he cleans), he'll get the biggest vote here;)

So, any opinions? Are there other brands I should consider? Thanks so much for any help!

Comments (7)