SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole___gw

People on my property R driving me nuts! WWYD?

nicole__
14 years ago

I recently retired, still working part time,so I'm at home more. When we purchased this home 19 years ago we knew there was a contract with the water department to be able to drive up our driveway, an average of once a day to get to their water tower located behind our house, there's a locked gate to keep trespassers out. We love the modern architecture of our custom home, HUGE kitchen, high ceilings,4 fireplaces, multiple decks and gardens,it's on top of a hill, highest point with views of the city out front, open wooded mountains out back with the south facing wall of windows to enjoy the mountain view.....for miles!!!!! WOW! LOVE all this!!! BUT.....the water department is up here ALL the time! There is a constant stream of cars, vans trucks coming and going up and down my driveway. They bring up front end loaders which is a violation of the weight limit in the contract. There are often people parked on my lawn(we planted lawn to keep the erosion down & put in a sprinkler system),truck dripping oil and people tossing cigarrette butts while they wait for someone to unlock the gate for them. They leave mud and pebbles on my colored concrete driveway for "me" to clean up.

So my home is worth "3" times what I paid for it even in this market. There are no homes in this price range that compare to this one anywhere in town, I've looked, especially with the wide open land behind the house.

My choices seem to be to move down the street to a house I HATE or put up with the constant traffic.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Move or stay?

Comments (65)