SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
westtoeast

Ready to gouge my eyes out.

westtoeast
12 years ago

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find any threads comparing these particular ranges...anyone care to weigh in? Please?

We are looking for a 36" all gas range. Budget is 5k max.

-Tempted by the Thermador Pro Harmony because of the free dishwasher, but have found very few reviews of this model (there is only 1 on AJMadison, although the buyer gave it 5 stars). Has Thermador gone the way of Viking over the last few years? I have also read that the thermador emerald series dishwashers are not great (those are the ones included in the promo).

-Went to Eurostoves yesterday and LOVED the 36" CC, but alas it is not in our price range.

-Considering the Capital Precision, manual clean.

- Also still in the running is a 36" Bertazzoni. The two main draws are obviously price point and looks.

We are a family of 5 (3 kids under the age of 7), and I am far from a gourmet cook. I use the burners MUCH more often than the oven, but we do cook for groups of 12-14 several times/year. This will be our only oven.

I feel like I have researched this to the nth degree and am still ending up lost and confused. My husband is so over me right now ;-).

I don't really trust appliance dealers...after all, the guy we really liked was trying to sell us on Jen-air. Have read nothing but negative things about Jenn Air ranges, he must get a kick-back of some kind.

Please, someone just tell me what to buy! ;-)

Comments (18)