SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tom_g_dc

Recommendations for 30' range and micro-hood)

tom_g_dc
16 years ago

Hi. We just boought our first house and are planning a remodel to update the small kitchen. We really like to cook but have to date survived on the old appliances in our rental apartments so I thought it would be neice to get some good stuff but we also have to deal with space constraints.

As such, we're probably going to go a 30" freestanding range with a combination microwave-hood above it. Based on reading here I'm thinking perhaps the Blue Star RNB 30" range but one concern that popped into my head is whether a microhood will be sufficient to draw the fumes that could come off of a 22K BTU front burner. Should I be worried about this? Are there are combination microwave-hoods that do a particularly good job as a hood? (Note: ideally we were thinking of doing a microwave that is also a convection oven since we won't have room for a second oven.)

My other question is about servicing the Blue Star in DC. I noticxed some people have had igniter issues, etc... What kind of warranty coverage is there for Blue Star and is there a dealer in the DC area that would service them under warranty?

Any other recommendations are welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

Comments (3)