SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tom_g_dc

Compact ((=24 in) microwave/oven combos for under counter

tom_g_dc
16 years ago

Hi. My wife and I are redoing our kitchen and have decided the best place for the microwave is under the counter in an island. The island is pretty small, though, and we're short on cabinet space so we're trying to preserve the size of the cabinet next to where it would go. We'd also ideally like the unit to have an oven or heating element function so we could et rid of our countertop toaster oven and just have a slim 2 slice pop-up toaster that takes up a lot less space (again... it's a small space we're working with so every inch counts).

I came across the 24" Miele Speed Oven which seems like the right set of features but it got a number of negative reviews here for being so hard to clean. Plus, its very expensive (though I'd be willing to spend that amount to solve this problem if it was for the right thing.) I've also seen a 24" Kitchenaid under counter microwave but to get the combo oven you need to go to 27" which is just too wide, I think.

Does anyone have other suggestions? It seems that a number of European units exist that are exactly what I want (I saw a Bosch one on Amazon.co.uk) but I can't find them here. I assume those must be 220V. I don't suppose they'd work with a 240V US line?

Thanks, Tom

Comments (2)