SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phoggie_gw

I just have to share this~~

phoggie
11 years ago

This is my first day of lumber construction on my new home...and so many of you have followed my saga, but this is something that I would like to share with you.

As most of you know, I have waited on an Amish crew to build my house and they were not able to finish their last build as soon as expected, so my house is 2 months late getting started, but what I experienced today tells me that they were well worth the wait.

I am building across the street from my son, so his drive is a perfect viewing spot. Today they are laying the floor trusses....the noon whistle blew (yes, I am in a small town and this still happens here)....they went to the van to get their lunch boxes and lawn chairs...put them in a circle on my cement garage floor...removed their hats and bowed their heads in prayer before they started to eat. This was a very emotional experience for me and it sent chills down my spine. What a difference from the other construction crews that I have been around, who have a coffee cup in one hand and a cigarette in the other and a line of cuss words coming from their mouths.

Now I know I made the right decision to wait for these men to build my home....I feel my house will be blessed and it gives me peace knowing they are doing the work. Thanks for letting me express this moment with you....my friends on this building site.

Comments (21)