SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anner55_gw

27' Wall Oven-Dacor/Thermador/GE Monogram/Kitchen Aid??

anner55
15 years ago

I remodeled my 1920s craftsman home a year ago and chose a Viking 36" gas range and Viking 27" wall oven. Both have been disasters. The range has already been replaced once and neither the replaced range nor the wall oven works properly even after numerous replacement parts and repairs to both. The chef for the Viking distributor came out to my house to tell me that you really can't cook with Vikings like you can with other ovens and that if I would just work with him for a year or so, he would teach me to love my Vikings. At that point, I told my contractor I wanted the Viking ovens out of my kitchen. So, I am getting a 36" Wolf dual fuel range, but am having trouble deciding on a 27" wall oven because apparently Viking is the only manufacturer that makes one that size in a professional style. The builder's supply company is offering me four non-professional styles that might be good substitutes: (1) Dacor Epicure Renaissance, (2) Thermador Masterpiece, (3) GE Monogram, or (4) Kitchen Aid. I am looking for something that will look good with my new Wolf range (and old Viking microwave and range hood, which work fine), but that will also be reliable, provide consistent temperatures, preheat in less than 20 minutes, and have a bake function that works without having to use convection unless I want to. I would really appreciate advice on this. Thanks.

Comments (8)