SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jans_gw

Is there a 240 power 27 inch GE Advantium?

JanS
13 years ago

So, I've tried twice now to post to an existing thread on Advantiums, but it's never showed up. So, posting a new thread.

Hi All,

So, I'm in a dilemma. In the current house I have an OTR 240 GE Profile Advantium and I LOVE it. It's 30 inches wide.

In the new house, there are cut-outs in the wall oven / wall micro stack that are ONLY able to accommodate 27in width wall oven or wall micro.

So, I do understand that there's a 120 version of the Advantium in the 27 in width, but I really rather have the 240 version for Speedcooking.

Has anyone come across a 27in 240 model? I don't care whether it's Profile or Monogram. Those differences to me are just in the style and trim. I'm most interested in the Speedcook ability and I "think" I need the 240 power most importantly. I use my current OTR 240 (30in) Advantium for broiling steaks, baking potatoes, baking meatloaf and many other things. The only thing I don't do in it is cookies. I have a really good convection oven for most of my baking tasks. Granted I believe the Advantium (like the 240 model I have in the current house) can do baking of cookies and the like - I have tried since when I bake cookies I prefer the standard cookie sheet and that works better in the regular (convection) oven.

What I also like about Advantium is it's like having a second oven really. So for many meals I can split up baking duty between my slide-in range oven and my OTR Advantium.

So, any pointers to a 240 Speedcook type appliance in 27in?

Thanks Much!

--jans

Comment (1)