SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bdaykitchen

In-line blower- yet another venting ?

bdaykitchen
15 years ago

I'm wondering about in-line blowers.

A couple years ago we purchased a GE Monogram 36 "pro Gas cooktop - ZGU36N6HSS at a liquidation. It's taken us more than 2 years to actually start the renovation, but now that it's begun, the decisions/questions are coming fast & furious. We MUST decide on a rangehood & ventilation issues this week so cabinetmaker & HVAC contractor can finish plans & begin ductwork. We are in Florida where I am concerned about making any additional holes in roof & having extraneous things mounted on house b/c of hurricane issues. SO, first question is: Is an in-line blower a reasonable alternative to remote external blower?

The specs on the cooktop require only a minimum of 600 CFM, but the rangetop has 6 burners with 15000btu capability. Seems to me I want a lot more cfm but also concerned about noise. The salesman at the highend appliance store we visited this weekend recommended Best in-line blower F-ILB11 to go with either 42" chimney hood or 36 or 42" (but at least 24" deep) undercabinet hood. Only problem is

this combo was coming out to significantly more $$ than we paid for the rangetop (albeit on clearance).

Any less expensive options?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice!

Comments (16)