SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kksmama

Is this too much to ask? My perfect range has

kksmama
16 years ago

I'd like to have the double oven config of the gas Maytag Gemini: a small oven on top and large one beneath. But I cannot tolerate the knobs taking up cooktop space, since a 30" cooktop is already too darn small for some of my big pots. And I'd really like to have a quiet and effective hood instead of the loud recirculating (read worthless!) microhood....but I really like my convenient microwave.

I don't want to spend the money for new cabinets or countertops, but would have to for a new layout that included a cooktop and separate oven(s). And the appliances would be more expensive, too.

Is there any such thing as a real microhood - perhaps it would draw the exhaust out the back of the hood and then vent it up through the inside of the wall while the microwave sat undisturbed above the hood? And please, Santa, could it be super quiet with the motor mounted in the attic?

It seems I'll have to compromise - anyone else have the same wish list? What did you end up doing? I'm thinking I'll give up the double oven config, and relocate the microwave to get the right hood. Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments (4)