SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathie2029

Quick Survey of your gas range.

cathie2029
12 years ago

Hello all. I'm shopping for a new 30" or 36" all gas or dual fuel range..So many choices...So many opinions/issues with each and every one. I'm asking you all for advice/info and hope that this will help others as well in their research.

1. What brand do you currently own? How long?

2. Size/width ( ex: 30", 36" etc), how many burners, free standing or slide in, duel fuel or all gas, does it have feet? (3. Different size burners? If so please explain.

4. If you have 4 burners only, do you have interchangeable rings?....as in you can use a small pot or a larger on the same burner

5. Any issues with the following: Plastic knobs that melt or have cracked, metal knobs/oven handle or any part of the oven door that gets too hot, burners/oven/control panel that stopped working, peeling paint inside oven, rust, noise when oven turns on, clicking of ignitor on high setting, oven door is flimsy or hinges broke, oven door handle loose or broke. Anything else that I missed?

6. Any problems with cleaning the surface? Nooks and crannies that you can't clean out?

7. Ball bearing sliding racks in oven? How many?

8. If oven contains regular racks, are they easy to pull out?

9. Any sharp edges around the oven door or anywhere else?

10. For those of you who have slide-ins, did you ever spill anything into the vent which is located in between the other burners? If so, did any problems arise from this?

11. Did you have to install a higher volt outlet?

12. Any issues that haven't been mentioned?

13. What did you pay for it ( if you don't mind please)? And where did you purchase it? Any issues with delivery?

14. How is the customer support? Prompt with repair? Cost? Warranty?

15. What did you own prior to this? How long? What were the issues if any?

I really, REALLY appreciate your time, and hopefully this will help out others as well.

Comments (5)