SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annab6_gw

Going from a 30' gas range to a 36' range, will I love it?

annab6
15 years ago

I am thinking again of the range choices for the remodel. Currently have an old 30" GE all gas self-cleaning range. Our new floor plan and budget allows for a 36" range so we put one into the plan. But I still keep going back and forth in my head on this.

It sounds like people love having the extra burners. But most of the 36" all-gas ranges are not self cleaning. And the ovens take longer to preheat (although American range says theirs preheat faster because of the two fans). Plus you do give up the 6" of cabinet space and they do look bulky with the large oven door there.

So I would like to hear from people who went from a 30" to a 36", especially if your kitchen is of an average size, do you love it? Would you make the same choice again if you were to do another kitchen?

How about the resale value? Not specifically of a particular range but because of the fact that the kitchen accomodates a 36" one. Does it increase the home value?

I am asking specifically about the ranges because having a separate wall oven cabinet is not an option in our layout.

Comments (9)