SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourkids4us

does anyone have the samsung rf4287hars or rfg299aars fd fridge?

fourkids4us
13 years ago

I accidentally posted this on the kitchen forum, so please forgive me if you've already read my post there. I can't figure out how to delete it.

I have been researching large capacity FD refrigerators for our family of six for several months. I've looked at several manufacturers including GE, Jenn Aire, Frigidaire, and LG. We prefer the FD, bottom freezer non-cabinet depth. After looking at the various features on all of these models, last night, we narrowed it down to Samsung - either the 3-door or the newer 4-door.

My concern is the hodge podge of reviews that Samsung gets, both for poor customer service and just overall problems with things breaking/now working correctly, etc. It is very easy to find great reviews, but those reviews are usually made by people who have only had their refrigerators a couple of weeks. It would be nice to actually hear from people who have had their appliance much longer, but unfortunately, most consumers don't follow up months later. Then the poor reviewers are obviously from people who've had problems. And truthfully, any appliance is going to have poor reviews so it's just a matter of deciphering, which brand truly is not good quality!

Does anyone here have either of these models? Can you provide some input? And even if you don't have these particular model but do own a Samsung fridge, can you give me some feedback? If you did have to deal with customer service, were you satisfied with how they handled it?

If you know of a different fridge I should consider, please offer recommendations - the most important thing is that I'm looking for 25-28 cu feet, 36" FD w/bottom freezer. I prefer water on the door, am indifferent to ice on the door (prefer w/o but that's hard to find if you want water on the door also).

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.

Comments (3)