SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mytran

Kitchen appliance confusion

My Tran
12 years ago

I walked into my local appliance store yesterday to order a dual fuel Electrolux Icon 36" range (E36DF76GPS). The sales guy told me that the Electrolux doesn't have much clearance behind the rear burners so larger pots might be an issue. He also said that the oven is too shallow a commercial baking pan. He said the Monogram (ZDP366NPSS) was better. I checked and it does have about 2" inches more in the rear but I'm not really sure if its a big deal. I haven't checked the oven depth yet but I didn't think the Electrolux would have a problem with a commercial sheet because its spec'd at 6.4 cu ft vs the Monogram's 5.75 cu ft. I'm not sure if this guy is trying to up-sell me or not since the Monogram is almost $1k more.

Since I wanted a counter-depth fridge with an external water/ice dispenser, he recommended an Electrolux fridge (EW23BC71IS). I mentioned that those have a lot issues with the ice maker but he said they've fixed that problem on the current ones. I'm not too sure about that either. I still see complaints from people who've purchased this year (some good reviews but bad ones outweigh them). The Samsung CD RFG237AA looks pretty good on paper for $1k less and the 5 year sealed parts seems nice but I've seen some complaints about their warranty service.

Does anyone have any opinions or experience with these products? I'm finishing up my remodel project and want to order appliances asap but its really hard to find decent reviews for this stuff.

Comment (1)