SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
honey1_gw

mechanic's lien

honey1
13 years ago

Quick question...or two. One of the subs has put a lien on the GC, which is really on us. He (the genius of a GC that we have)won't pay it as he is claiming that the sub is inflating what he owes. We are carrying the construction loan. The title company will not allow us to close with this lien. Anyhoo,I think (pray) we are going to pass the final inspection very soon. Can we move in with the CO without closing? The anniversay date for our loan is in a few months. What if we don't close before the anniversay? Can the bank sell our home? Yes, we have another appt. with a real estate attorney, but I can't wait. We met with him last week, but I forgot to ask this question. So many questions run through our minds once we leave the office. Does anyone have any advice/experience with something like this?

This has been a nightmare. Our little one's carpet is in and he said yesterday when we were about to leave from our visit,"I wish we could stay a little longer." He's so happy, but we don't know when he'll be able to have his own room. :'(

Comments (8)