SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
peterh2_gw

Miele user interface

PeterH2
12 years ago

We took another look at the Miele Masterchef wall oven and speed oven this weekend. The fit and finish do seem superior to the Electrolux Icon, but we find the Miele display and user interface clunky/a bit odd. A couple of examples:

* MohaveJean (I think?) has found that the Miele speed oven can do a very good job with baked potatoes, but the MasterChef list of programs doesn't have any setting for baked potatoes. Surely these are a staple item to cook in a speed oven? I know that Europeans eat them; they're not some exotic N. American delicacy.

* So far as we could tell, every time you use the speed oven to cook vegetables, you have to click "OK" to get past a message that says "frozen and raw vegetables use the same programs". I think there was another annoying spurious message that kept showing up, but I can't recall exactly what that one was.

* "Favorites" on the speed oven is on the second page of options. If they are "favorites", surely they should be on the first page?

* The regular oven was less odd, but still seemed just a bit clumsy compared to the Electrolux WaveTouch interface (which eschews a multi-level menu system in favor of loads of dedicated buttons).

Comments (12)