SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poohbear2767

Cookie Trojan Programs ??

Pooh Bear
16 years ago

Anyone ever hear about a Cookie Trojan Program ??

This was posted to a website I visit.

-----------

snip.....

I called the redirection a "worm" but the bank security manager said this problem was a "cookie trojan"(CT) program. He stated the CT can be set on any computer at any time by injecting the CT program into the download stream of bits that is transmitted onto any computer during any normal webpage request and there is no known cure to stop the CT program. He also stated there is not any anti-virus or firewall program made that will stop a CT program from entering into the data bit stream.

He also stated that any good known firewall will easly catch this CT program. He also stated that a redirect program can be set in other ways but firewalls are 100% effective at stopping the redirection program no matter what method is used to deploy the CT program.

To remove a CT program, all one has to do is reset there cookie casch, ie; clear the casch, then warm reboot the PC.

He also stated that a person needs to be running a admin user and a web surfing user with a firewall and that you need to clean up a PC at least once per-week (clean out the cookies, temp webpages, history, form data, and passwords) if not sooner. Never ever let a banking website remember your user name or password for you.

Always type in the username and password on each webpage visit!!!

....snip

------------------

I'm off to go do some googling of this.

Pooh Bear

Comments (2)