SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moosemac_gw

Sears Outlet ARGH!!

9 years ago

I ordered a 120v Advantium over the range oven out of the Sears Outlet last week using their make an offer feature. I got a great price on the item including shipping. Sears charged my credit card immediately and I got an order confirmation.

Since then I have been trying to get shipping info. What a joke! Since the order confirmation indicated delivery would be 11/6, I needed to confirm to be sure someone was home for the delivery.

I started with Chat on the Sears Outlet site. After 20 minutes of intermittent canned answers from the rep., she finally admitted she did not have access to shipping info and gave me a phone number to call. Called the phone # and waited and waited when the rep came on he could not find my order. Put me on hold and said he had to CALL the Sears Outlet dept. WTH I thought that was who I had called. On hold for 20 minutes, then I get "I'll have to call you back".

To his credit, an hour later he called me back. He said once he got my order info, he had to call the store to get further info. He discovered the oven is actually still in the store, due to be shipped later today and I would receive it tomorrow. What do you think the chances are of the oven making it from Arizona to NH in less than 24 hours?? LOL His parting words were "You will have to call the store for more information." What info?? Bottom line is Sears took my money a week ago and still has not even created a UPS shipping label.

I called the store and got a very nice gentleman named Eric. I was on hold for about 10 minutes while he researched my order. Once back, he told me my order was to be picked up by UPS today and gave me a UPS tracking #. (The 10 minute wait must have been the time it took him to make up a shipping label! LOL)

It took me several hours to trackdown shipping info. No wonder Sears is losing customers. Of course now I have to wait until the unit is picked up by UPS before I can get an estimated delivery date.

All in all other than the rep on Chat, the customer service reps were good but Sears' technology infrastructure is terrible. If a retailer sells online then they should have the back end systems to support the process throughout the sale cycle. I'm praying the rest of the process goes smoothly.

Goes to show, "You get what you pay for."

Comments (7)