SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynn2012

Need a New SS Range that is not more than $1200. Please help.

susanlynn2012
14 years ago

I rarely cook and mainly microwave since moving into my home 12 years ago due to the awful Whirpool Gas Range that does not cook well. I cooked a lot years ago when I had a nice range in an apartment I lived in. I am thinking of finally getting a new gas range but unlike the expense of buying a top of the line KitchenAid dishwasher that I knew I would enjoy and use (decided not to worry about getting my money back one day since I know I would use this a lot and I wanted quiet), I do not want to spend a lot on a range since I live in a townhouse and will never get back the money but I want to enjoy cooking again with a reliable range that is less than $1250.00 preferably.

My friend just bought a Frigidaire and loves it but the reviews of past ranges from this company do not sound that great. But then again, Electrolux now owns Frigidaire so maybe they have become more reliable?

My other friend bought a GE range a few years ago and loves it but GE also has a lot of complaints. In fact most of the Ranges seem to have a lot of complaints.

Anyone with any opinions on the Stainless Steel Frigidaire FGGF3056KF Range with a warming drawer and touch controls or the Stainless Steel Frigidaire FGGF3054KF Range with only a storage drawer and digital controls? I like the features (convention oven.... not sure if I would use but sounds nice... BTU Burners from 5000 to 17000 ranges) and the look.

Any other ranges that I should look at?

I had planned to look and buy next year but with the great sales going on right now, I think I will just do it and then post a picture of my new wood floors and the changes I have made in my kitchen with new appliances. The counters and floors are a future project for next year.

By the way my Refrigerator is an LG SS French Door with water on the door bought at the end of year 2006 and my SS Dishwasher is a KitchenAid with concealed controls bought recently. My counters are still almond laminate and my floors are still linoleum but those upgrades will have to wait until next year since I just installed Brazilian Cherry floors in three rooms downstairs that cost me so much time off from work.

I am going to cross post this also in the Kitchen Forum. Thank you so much. I know I owe you pictures and will once I get this last appliance I need.

Comments (10)