SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marie26_gw

Need help: Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer

marie26
18 years ago

I had also posted this on the appliance forum but I thought I'd try here to get a reply. I just purchased a Foodsaver Vac 900. I had an old model which I just threw away. That one had a little spout that you put the bag into and held the top down to seal.

With my new one, I only have to hold the top down a few seconds and it is supposed to continue to seal. The opened end of the plastic bag goes into a wide open area and then I'm supposed to just press vac and seal.

My problem is that it only works sometimes so I must be doing something wrong. I feel that I must use quite a bit extra of the bag so that the contents sits on the counter when sealing. Is this correct? It just seems a waste of the bag which is expensive.

I tried to use the bags from my other sealer which are alot thinner than the freezer bags given with my new machine but the older bags don't seem to work. Must I only use the new bags that came with the new sealer?

Is there a trick to get the sealer to seal properly each time? I've read the directions but was hoping someone can walk me through it. TIA

Comments (22)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH